Stone Town, Zanzibar – 28 March 2017
A look at the Rich History and Colourful Future for Zanzibar /
Zanzibar – A Wonder-Cluster of Tropical Sanctity
Zanzibar is a cluster of tropical islands nestled in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Tanzania. The idyllic set of 51 islets was first used as a port for African, Indian, Arabic and Persian traders bartering spices and slaves. Zanzibar has a diverse history that underwent Portuguese, Arabic and British control before its independence in 1963. Today Zanzibar stands to undergo a new transformation, one of both social upliftment together with a mega luxury development and global marketing campaign set to position it firmly on the map as a world leading tropical tourism destination.
Today, the panoramic paradise is one of the top tourist attractions in the Indian Ocean, with each attraction cementing a different chapter in Zanzibar’s multi-cultural past and assorted ownership. Visitors can walk through the sultan’s palace, the ruler over Zanzibar and much of Africa’s Eastern Coast. Labelled one of the World’s Heritage Sites in the year 2000, Stone Town is home to the House of Wonders, so called because it is said to be the first building in Zanzibar with electricity, emanating dancing lights from a distance at night. These are just some of the structures still standing today from the sultanate ruling in the 17th
The development of Zanzibar Amber Resort, by Pennyroyal Gibraltar Limited will sustainably and economically transform Zanzibar and its community at large with maximum positive effects, whilst being culturally responsible, socially desirable, ecologically and environmentally friendly.
Zanzibar Amber Resort is set to change the face of Tourism in East Africa. With the commissioning of this Luxury tropical resort by Pennyroyal Gibraltar Ltd. the premium hospitality offerings and world-class facilities will benchmark luxury in Africa.
Appointed across 1520ha of prime Indian Ocean coastline the resort will encompass an unsurpassed variety of hospitality and leisure facilities including, but not limited to: Five world-leading international hotels including the Anantara, Signature Ernie Els Design Golf Course – the first in East Africa (18 hole), Deep water marina, Aqua park for the whole families’ enjoyment, Underwater restaurant, Glamorous Souk, Equestrian centre and International polo club and Super Yacht facility.
Negotiations have been administered between the Government and founders to enable, for the first time in history, non-Tanzanian residents the option of purchasing residential property in Zanzibar. Supported by a 99-year lease (and further extended by an optional 49 years) the residential opportunities will become available from mid-2017. These facilities include:
- 1914 Luxury Villas of 3,4 & 5 bedrooms; 14 designs with swimming pools
- 3440 Luxury & Penthouse Apartments of 1,2,3 & 4 bedrooms
- Shopping mall & commercial retail outlets
- International School – affiliated to premier educational establishment
- Sports centres: football, tennis, and horse riding
- Faith centres for diverse religions, including Mosques and Churches
- The first residential opportunity released to the market will be the luxury apartments, available for pre-sale in the second quarter of 2017.
- Private airport and medical facilities to be built.
As part of the Zanzibar Amber Resort, Pennyroyal Gibraltar has founded a CSR division, ‘Best of Zanzibar’, established for the social upliftment of the local communities. This community CSR initiative is geared towards continuously giving back to the locals of Zanzibar by tending to a variety of community needs such as education, nutrition, water sanitation and job creation. ‘Best of Zanzibar’ aims to assist in developing key skills of the locals for empowered and sustainable futures.
“The three pillars that we have made our mission to uphold at Zanzibar Amber in order to maintain a carefully balanced network of expectations are: People
– to grow socially, economically, culturally and environmentally sustainable communities in Zanzibar; Planet
– With a minimized footprint – lower than any resort in the world – and a large-scale use of renewable power and water management, amongst other eco-initiatives, Zanzibar Amber Resort sets a new benchmark in responsible development; and Profits
– sustainable community development and empowerment of Zanzibar.” Says Director of Zanzibar Amber Resort, Salah Said, “We are steadfast and unwavering in our vision and mission and will continue to ensure all the right steps are taken to maintain the highest level of integrity for the future of Zanzibar Amber Resort.
Maintaining its commitment to Government, investors, partners and buyers, Pennyroyal Gibraltar Ltd. has committed to Best Practice standards and methods for this One Billion US Dollar development in North Eastern Zanzibar. Zanzibar Amber Resort will be the largest hospitality investment and resort in East Africa, expected to create more than 1,500 jobs for local inhabitants through Intelligent resource management; making it Zanzibar’s’ largest employer and taxpayer.
All leases, environmental clearances, construction permits and approvals have been processed and secured and Pennyroyal is backed with the full support of the President of Zanzibar and his Government.
The resort will be developed strategically, in strictly managed phases, utilising renewed technologies and renewable energy generated from solar plants which will be built near the resort. To date over $5 Million USD has already been invested into research and development.
Phase one of the mega-project will be completed within the next three years, inclusive of the following elements:
- Ernie Els Signature Golf Course
- Water Marina
- A founder luxury hotel
- The resort’s entrance
- The first of 200 off-plan luxury apartments and 100 neighbourhood villas
- The infrastructure work which includes the roads and services for the entire resort
For more information on Zanzibar Amber Resort or Pennyroyal Gibraltar Limited contact:
Pennyroyal Gibraltar (Zanzibar) Ltd.
P.O. Box 866, Stone Town,